PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
DHL is pleased that you have visited our website and are interested in our company, products and services. It is important to us to protect your personal data during handling throughout the entire business process.
Please be aware that the national legal requirements for data protection and the handling of personal data may vary from country to country. Therefore, if you visit the relevant DHL country websites you will learn more about country specific information on data protection.
In the following, we explain what information DHL collects when you visit our website and how this information is processed and for what specific purposes.
Companies representing DHL in Russia are conscientious operators in respect of processed personal data and strictly comply with all applicable requirements of the applicable legislation on personal data.
The provisions of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter referred to as the "GDPR") do not directly apply to DHL business in Russia, represented by legal entities established under Russian law and entering into legal relations with counterparties located in the Russian Federation.
Nevertheless, the Deutsche Post DHL Group (hereinafter also referred to as DPDHL, the Group) takes all necessary measures to ensure compliance with the provisions of GDPR, and the Russian companies of DHL do respect the requirements of GDPR.
Websites that operate in the interests of DHL companies in Russia are not intended for purposeful interaction of these DHL companies with data subjects located on the territory, where the provisions of GDPR directly apply, by offering to the said data subjects any goods or services or monitoring of their behavior.
Personal data means any information referring directly or indirectly to a particular or identified individual (hereinafter referred to as "personal data subject"). This includes information such as your real name, address, telephone number and date of birth.
If you have queries with regard to the processing of your personal data, please contact the Data Protection Officer. The Data Protection team is also available to help with information requests, take suggestions or handle complaints.
For JSC “DHL International” and LLC “DHL Express” and LLC "DHL Parcel":
For LLC "DHL Global Forwarding":
What Are the Purposes of and the Legal Basis for the Processing of Personal Data? / What Are the Controller's or Third Party's Legitimate Interests?
Consent of visitors and users of DHL websites to Processing of Personal Data
Maintaining of confidentiality of personal data and its protection in the course of processing is the priority objective of DHL. Hereby we guarantee that your personal data will be processed by us exclusively with strict observance of all requirements of applicable legislation of the Russian Federation on personal data, as well as in accordance with the relevant policies on organization of processing and protection of personal data.
The collected personal data will be recorded, systemized, accumulated, stored, rectified and retrieved with the use of databases located on the territory of the Russian Federation.
Hereinafter the “Operator” shall mean:
- Joint-stock company "DHL International" (127083, Moscow, 8 March str., 14);
- Limited Liability Company "DHL Express" (127083, Moscow, 8 March str., 14);
- Limited Liability Company "DHL Logistics" (141400, Moscow Region, Khimki, Leningradskaya St., v. 39, p. 6);
- Limited Liability Company "DHL Global Forwarding" (141400, Moscow Region, Khimki, Leningradskaya St., v. 39, p. 6);
- Limited Liability Company "DHL Global Mail" (127051, Moscow, Bolshaya Sukharevsky lane, 21, bld. 2).
The choice of the Operator depends on what company you are currently interacting with or are going to interact through websites that operate in the interests of the Operator (hereinafter to as the “DHL websites”).
Herewith you confirm that you have reached the age of 16 (sixteen) or more years and confirm your Consent to processing of your personal data by the Operator by any of the following methods or a combination of them:
- by continuous visiting of DHL websites and using their functionalities
- by putting “V” mark in Column “Consent to processing of personal data”
- by activating the data entry function (for instance, by pressing “Send”, “Enter” etc.), when filling-in relevant web-forms on DHL websites
- by entering the Personal Identification Number (PIN) in the relevant field on DHL websites
Having confirmed your Consent, you authorize the Operator, as well as third parties on its behalf, to process personal data specified by you in relevant web-forms on DHL websites, as well as information obtained in the process of your visiting DHL websites and using of their functionalities. Published lists of the third parties:
- the list of third parties that can process personal data on behalf of JSC “DHL International” and LLC “DHL Express”;
- the list of third parties that can process personal data on behalf of LLC "DHL Logistics";
- the list of third parties that can process personal data on behalf of LLC "DHL Global Forwarding";
- the list of third parties that can process personal data on behalf of LLC "DHL Global Mail".
The Operator has the right, as necessary, to make amendments to the list of third parties, published on DHL websites (hereinafter referred to as “Amendments”), unilaterally. In such a case, a revised edition of the list of third parties is published on DHL websites with an indication of the date of its commencement. You must track the Amendments on your own. If you have any objections to the Amendments made by the Operator, you must notify the Operator about them by sending a written request to the Operator’s address no later than 30 (thirty) calendar days from the date of the Amendments publication. Non-receipt by the Operator of objections from you within the specified period means your acceptance of the Amendments. If you object to the Amendments within the time limit set forth above, the list of third parties continues to be valid as amended prior to the Amendments.
Your personal data will be processed in a composition and combination required for attainment of any one, several or all of the below objectives, which are considered relevant for interaction between you and the Operator:
- providing you products (goods, works, services) by the Operator, settlement of accounts between you and the Operator, quality control and improvement of the Operator’s products, response to your requests of any nature, execution and quality control of information and organizational interaction between you and the Operator
- offering you products (goods, works, services)by the Operator, conduct of business negotiations with you, organization of your participation in activities to increase awareness and consumer loyalty in relation to the Operator, as well as organization of your participation in the Operator’s marketing researches
Your personal data will be processed with or without the use of computerized equipment by way of its acquisition (collection) through open sources of the Internet, including data acquisition from third parties, recording, systematizing, accumulation, storing, rectification (updating, alteration), retrieval, use, transmission (furnishing of providing access) to third parties – to the companies of Deutsche Post DHL Group on the territory of the Federal Republic of Germany, Czech Republic and Malaysia, blocking, deleting and destruction of relevant data. The Operator is authorized to disclose your personal data exclusively only to its employees, as well as third parties, after their assuming of relevant obligations on maintaining confidentiality of personal data made available by the Operator.
The Operator is authorized to process the following information, which may be acquired (collection) in the process of your visiting certain DHL websites and using of their functionalities:
- network address of the user device
- information on the fact, date and time of visiting web-addresses
- information on the fact, date and time of visiting sites and/or pages of websites
- information on the method of the user’s entrance to relevant page of website
- information on the user’s migration using hyper link from relevant page of website to the other page of website
- information on the fact and number of the user’s downloading of files from relevant website, as well as the names and types of downloaded files
- duration of the user’s sessions
- the name of the user’s Internet provider
- information on the volume of consumed network traffic
- cookie file identifier provided to the user
- information on the web-browser of the user
- information on the user’s device (type and model of the device, OS name and its interface languages, monitor’s resolution and pixel bit depth)
- searching requests of the user
- geo location of the user device for connection to the Internet
- location information at a specific time (means the location of the user device if geo localization functions are enabled in the web browser and the operating system of the user device)
- nick-name of the user
- information on the fact, date and time of the user’s registration and deregistration
- information on the fact, date and time of the user’s authorization and de-authorization
- hash sum of user data
The abovementioned information may be acquired by the Operator by various methods, including, but not limited to, cookie files and web beacons. For the purpose of organization of data acquisition (collection), the Operator is authorized to use both functionalities of DHL websites and functionalities of outside Internet services (more details are specified in “Table of Cookies and Categories” section), provided to the Operator by third parties and designed to assess the attendance of websites and (or) analyze the behavior of website users. The Operator may change the list of outside Internet services used without prior notice to you. Outside Internet services do not assimilate and are not capable of assimilation or correlation of acquired information with personal data specified by you in relevant web-forms on DHL websites, and which could identify you. Storing and further processing of information acquired by outside Internet services will be performed by such services using their own processing facilities, which are beyond the scope of the Operator’s responsibility for their territorial location.
The present Consent will be valid from the date of its furnishing and for the duration of contract (s) for your purchase of the Operator's products, settlement of accounts between you and the Operator, reviewing of your messages, your informational support, evaluation of customer satisfaction and control over the quality of services rendered to you, offering of relevant services, works and goods from the part of the Operator, conduct of business negotiations with you, organization of your participation in events and marketing researches from the part of the Operator, as well as: for 5 (five) years after the termination of contract (s) providing you products by the Operator and completion of the applicable quality control of these products, settlement of accounts between you and the Operator, ending your participation in the activities and marketing researches of the Operator; for 3 (three) years after response to your requests, discontinuation of information and organizational interaction between you and the Operator and completion of the applicable quality control, after the date of offering you products by the Operator, and discontinuation of business negotiations with you; for 6 (six) months in respect of technical information – after completing your visit to the relevant DHL websites and stopping your usу of their functionality.
You have the right to revoke in whole or in part this Consent in accordance with Article 9 of the Federal Law dated 27.07.2006 № 152-FZ "On Personal Data" by any of the following ways:
- contacting to the Operator in person
- providing a written request to the Operator's address
- sending a request to the Operator’s e-mail (applicable to JSC "DHL International" and LLC "DHL Express") – undefined
In case of your revocation of this Consent, the Operator is authorized to continue processing of your personal data without your consent in cases specified in sp. 2-11 Part 1 Article 6, Part 2 Article 10 and Part 2 Article 11 of the Federal Law dated 27.07.2006 № 152-FZ "On Personal Data".
Visiting our Website
When you visit our web pages, our web servers always temporarily save for connection and set up and security purposes the connection data of the computer connecting to our site, a list of the web pages that you visit within our site, the date and duration of your visit, the IP address of your device, the identification data of the type of browser and operation system used as well as the website through which you linked to our site. Additional personal information such as your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address is not collected unless you provide this data voluntarily, e.g. while completing an online contact form, as part of a registration, survey, competition, fulfillment of contract or an information request.
As far as you have enabled geo localization functions in your browser, respectively in your operating system we will use this data to offer you location-based services (e.g. location of the nearest branch, packing station etc.). We will not use this data for any other purpose. If you disable this function your data will be deleted in due time.
For more details on the procedure and features of processing your personal data, please refer to the following documents:
Processing for Advertising Purposes
If you are an existing customer of a Deutsche Post AG entity, your postal data (e.g. name, address) will be processed to contact you in order to provide you with the latest information about our offers, news, products and services. Apart from an existing consent, we will process your e-mail address exclusively in order to provide you with information regarding Deutsche Post AG own and similar products.
You have right to object at any time to the said processing. To exercise your right, simply get in touch with us by using the contact details mentioned under "Who is Responsible".
If you register for one of our newsletters, we are entitled to use your e-mail address for this purpose. You may unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time by clicking the relevant link at the bottom of the newsletter.
In case you file an objection or unsubscribe from our newsletter services the respective data will be blocked and no longer be processed for such purposes.
We use tracking software to determine how many users visit our website and how often. We do not use this software to collect individual personal data or individual IP addresses. The data are used solely in anonymous and summarized form for statistical purposes and for developing the website.
We use the online advertising program "Google Ads" (previously "Google AdWords") and the conversion tracking function of Google Ads. Google conversion tracking is an analytics service provided by Google Inc. (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; "Google").
Career opportunities within Deutsche Post DHL Group are as diverse as our teams all over the world. With approximately 550,000 employees in over 220 countries, we connect people, improving their lives. If you would like to apply for one of our open jobs you will find more information, also on data protection,
DHL does not share, sell, transfer or otherwise disseminate your personal data to third parties and will not do so in future, unless required by law, unless required for the purpose of the contract or unless you have given explicit consent to do so. For instance, it may be necessary to pass on your address and order data to our contractors when you order products. Further information on data protection in specific services and products is available at the relevant Customer Portal.
External service providers that process data on our behalf are contractually obliged to maintain strict confidentiality in respect of personal data received. DHL retains responsibility for safeguarding your information in such circumstances. The service providers follow the instructions of DHL, and this is guaranteed by technical and organizational measures, as well as by means of checks and controls.
Apart from the right to obtain you have the following rights:
- You can request information as to what personal data is stored
- You can request that we correct, delete or block your personal data provided these actions are permitted by law and in compliance with existing contractual conditions.
- You may lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
Right to object
The right to object applies for all processing of personal data.
To exercise your right, simply get in touch with us by using the contact details mentioned under "Who is Responsible?".
DHL takes all of the necessary technical and organizational security measures to protect your personal data from being lost or misused. For instance, your data is saved in a secure operating environment which is not accessible to the public. In certain cases, your personal data is encrypted by Secure Socket Layer technology (SSL) during transmission. This means that an approved encryption procedure is used for communication between your computer and the DHL servers if your browser supports SSL. Should you wish to contact DHL by e-mail, we would like to point out that the confidentiality of the information sent cannot be guaranteed. The contents of e-mail messages can be read by third parties. We therefore recommend you send us confidential information only by post.
Further information on data protection in specific services and products is available at the relevant Customer Portal.
In this section you will find links to DHL product and portal related privacy information.
For further information on DHL Express products and portals click here.
DHL reserves the right to change its Privacy Notice at any time with or without prior notice. Please check back frequently to be informed of any changes. By using DHL's websites you agree to this Privacy Notice.
This statement was last updated on 05 November 2019.